You can map a network drive on your computer to a file storage in the cloud using Azure File Storage. This can be very helpful if you want to share files among multiple computers, with ability to scale up the storage as much as you need.
- Create a Resource Group or use an existing one (optional).
- Within the Resource Group, click Add and search for Storage Account.
- Select and Create “Storage account – blob, file, table, queue” service.
- Once the storage account is deployed, go into the storage account and select Files services.
- Under File Service add File Share. Specify name and allocate a quota (in GB).
- Click Ok.
- Click on the file share you just created and then click Connect.
NOTE: Make sure to select Drive Letter as required.
- Copy the script under “Alternatively, run this command if the key…”.
- Open a notepad on your system (or any windows system), paste the copied script and save it as a batch file (*.bat).
- Run the batch file .
- Go to your file explorer, you will see the file share you just added. You can use it just like your local drive.
Go ahead copy some files and see if it is uploaded to your azure storage. Enjoy!