In Microsoft Dynamics NAV you can customize your Home page to personalize your user experience. Customizing, or personalizing, the home screen is easy to do, making your work in NAV more productive.
In the following example, we are on the original home screen of Bookkeeper user profile. Let us say that we would like to add Fixed Assets to the view. To do this, perform the following steps:
- Click Departments/Financial Management/Fixed Assets/Fixed Assets to go to Fixed Assets.
- Click on the drop down icon besides Fixed Assets and select Save View As.
- Specify Name and select the appropriate Activity Group. Click OK.
- Click Yes on the dialog box that appears. Changes will take effect after the client is restarted.
- Note that the Fixed Assets menu item is now available on the Home page.
You can now right-click on the Fixed Asset menu item and use the Customize Navigation Pane to perform many more actions, such as moving the placement of the menu item, up or down, etc.
NOTE: Please note that you can add almost any list screen in Dynamics NAV to your home page.