- Open the SMTP Mail Setup window.
- Click Apply Office 365 Server Settings (if you have access to Office 365 account). You can ask your administrator for these settings or for testing you can lookup SMTP setting for various email service providers (such Hotmail, etc.).
- Choose Authentication as Basic.
NOTE:When you send email messages multiple times by using an SMTP mail server, you may encounter the following error message: “Unable to write data to the transport connection: An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host.” To resolve this issue, use NTLM or Basic authentication, instead of Anonymous authentication.
- Specify your User ID and Password.
- Optionally select Secure Connection if your SMTP mail server setup requires a secure connection (such as SSL).
- Click Test Email Setup. Select an option in the dialog that pops up and click OK.
- You will get a confirmation, if the mail was sent successfully.
- Check the result in your mail box.