Do you want to connect to hundreds of data sources, simplify data prep, and drive ad hoc analysis, produce beautiful reports, then publish them for your organization to consume on the web and across mobile devices. Well, then you can use the Power BI suite of business analytics tools that deliver insights throughout your organization. You can create personalized dashboards with a unique, 360-degree view of your business, and scale across the enterprise, with governance and security built-in. For more resources on Power BI, click here.
The following article explains how you can connect Power BI Desktop with Dynamics 365.
Copy URL from Dynamics 365
- Log in to Dynamics 365.
- Click Settings > Customizations > Developer Tools.
- Copy the URL under Instance Web API (save it for further use).
Connect Power BI to Dynamics 365
- Open PowerBI Desktop and click Get Data > Dynamic 365 (online) and click Connect.
- Enter the Web API URL and click OK.
- On the OData Feed, click Organizational Account.
- Click Sign in to enter your credentials. When you see the message “You are currently sign in.”, you can click Connect.
- On the Navigator, select the entities to load into PowerBI and click Load.
- The data and entity fields are loaded into PowerBI Desktop. You can now start building reports.